6K Inc. is a high-growth, high-tech company focused on the sustainable production of advanced materials. The company’s two divisions 6K Energy and 6K Additive are focused on the production of sustainable and domestically produced battery materials used in electric vehicles and grid storage as well as additive manufacturing powders made from sustainable sources. The UniMelt® microwave plasma processing system is a disruptive technology that significantly lowers the environmental impact with far less energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions compared to other conventional material manufacturing processes. Our technology is transforming engineered materials into revolutionary products that advance industries across additive manufacturing, renewable energy, aerospace, consumer electronics, and more.
6K was recently recognized by Forbes as Best Startup Employer for 2022. We are backed by a world-renowned investor group including Koch Strategic Platforms, Energy Impact Partners, Anzu, Volta Energy Technologies, launch Capital, and Material Impact. 6K has raised more than $350M to date.
6K Additive is actively recruiting a Logistics Coordinator for a growing and fast paced organization. The Logistics Coordinator will be a key contributor to the planning operation and responsible for the day-to-day activity of the logistics activities. This will include scheduling and coordinating shipments, preparing shipments, loading/unloading trucks, resolving shipment discrepancies, writing and maintaining procedures and will be the SME for Hazmat shipping and Export Compliance.
• Perform all work in a safe and clean manner - maintain a safe workplace, free of clutter and hazards
• Report safety hazards, unsafe working conditions or housecleaning issues to Supervisor, Manager, safety committee member or any management team member
• Support root cause & corrective action solutions to safety incidents
• Maintain documents & records needed to properly account and reconcile the movement of material
• Write and maintain procedures for shipping & Receiving of all materials (Alloys, Powders, Hazmat)
• Understanding of Warehouse and Production basic processes and procedures within the facility to identify process/procedure errors or opportunities for improvement
• Schedules shipments to ensure delivery by promised deadlines
• Prepare shipments with required labeling and packaging requirements
• Produce shipping documents and shipment labels
• Coordinate Inbound/receiving process and operations
• Responsible for Export and Domestic shipping processes and operations
• Respond to and resolve complaints and discrepancies
• Load / unload shipments via loading dock or flat level surface as needed
• Identify carriers for transportation and quote rates and propose contracts with carriers
• Summarize contract options and review with Director of Planning to be executed
• Performs other manufacturing and logistics related duties as assigned
• Assist implementation of GHS required labeling, DOT required documentation, labeling & placarding (Other related training)
• 4-6 years of related production, inventory and/or shipping experience within a manufacturing environment.
• HS Diploma Minimum / Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics or equivalent experience
• 2 years Bulk Hazmat Shipping (preferred)
• Must pass pre-employment drug/alcohol screening and background check
• Able to Move/transport 50 pounds
• Dependable, punctual, and good attendance
• Must have good organization skills and work with strong attention to detail
• Positive attitude and the willingness to work as a member of the team
• 100% employer paid benefits on day one.
• No cost life insurance
• Paid time off
• 3% retirement plan match, immediate vesting
• Monday-Friday with occasional weekends and OT as needed to support the business needs
• Involves frequent standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, lifting (may range from 10-50lbs on a regular basis)
• Must be able to work indoor and outdoor environments
Equal Opportunity Employer
At 6K we believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, or sexual orientation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. We are also committed to providing veteran employment opportunities.
Your application was submitted successfully.