6K Inc. is a high-growth, high-tech company focused on the sustainable production of advanced materials. The company’s two divisions 6K Energy and 6K Additive are focused on the production of sustainable and domestically produced battery materials used in electric vehicles and grid storage as well as additive manufacturing powders made from sustainable sources. The UniMelt® microwave plasma processing system is a disruptive technology that significantly lowers the environmental impact with far less energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions compared to other conventional material manufacturing processes. Our technology is transforming engineered materials into revolutionary products that advance industries across additive manufacturing, renewable energy, aerospace, consumer electronics, and more.
6K was recently recognized by Forbes as Best Startup Employer for 2022. We are backed by a world-renowned investor group including Koch Strategic Platforms, Energy Impact Partners, Anzu, Volta Energy Technologies, launch Capital, and Material Impact. 6K has raised more than $350M to date.
6K Additive is actively recruiting an Inventory Technician for a growing and fast paced organization. The Inventory Technician will be responsible for executing and tracking all intercompany inventory movements to ensure our company maintains proper inventory levels for products, equipment and supplies. This includes checking incoming shipments for accuracy, ordering and maintaining adequate packaging materials, powder consolidation and cycle counting.
• Perform all work in a safe and clean manner - maintain a safe workplace, free of clutter and hazards
• Report safety hazards, unsafe working conditions or housecleaning issues to Supervisor, Manager, safety committee member or any management team member
• Understanding of Warehouse and Production basic processes and procedures within the facility to identify process/procedure errors or opportunities for improvement
• Maintain documents & records needed to properly account and reconcile the movement of material
• Check shipments for accuracy and condition
• Execute Inbound/receiving check in process
• Execute - Receive and issue to QC for Inspection/Approval
• Execute - inter-site inventory movements (prep building/powder/upsize to milling/alloys etc)
• Cycle count inventory areas when appropriate and provide updates as required
• Consolidate scrap solids/scrap powder as necessary
• Manage packaging supply ordering and inventory levels
• Familiarity with quality management system standards (ISO/AS)
• Incoming receiving Xray check in backup
• Domestic Outbound shipping processes and operations backup
• Load / unload shipments via loading dock or flat level surface as needed
• Assist with production support duties as needed
• Proven experience of warehouse/supply chain/logistics experience including operation of heavy-load movement equipment (pallet jacks, fork trucks, etc)
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Prior metals/metal powder experience is a plus
• Hazmat shipment regulations understanding a plus
• NetSuite/ERP experience a plus
• 2-5 years of related production, inventory and/or shipping experience within a manufacturing environment.
• HS Diploma Minimum
• Must pass pre-employment drug/alcohol screening and background check
• Available for occasional overtime and possible weekend
• Able to Move/transport 50 pounds
• Dependable, punctual, and good attendance
• Must have good organization skills and work with strong attention to detail
• Positive attitude and the willingness to work as a member of the team
• Monday-Friday with occasional weekends and OT as needed to support the business needs
• Involves frequent standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, lifting (may range from 10-50lbs on a regular basis)
• Must be able to work indoor and outdoor environments
Equal Opportunity Employer
At 6K we believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, or sexual orientation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. We are also committed to providing veteran employment opportunities.
Your application was submitted successfully.