Construction Project Manager
Are you looking for a fast-paced job that will allow you to utilize your superior organizational and customer service skills in a rewarding environment? If you enjoy being in charge of projects and have exceptional motivational and conflict-resolutions skills, we would love to have you become a respected member of our team!
6K Energy is a high-tech start-up focused on the application of 6K Inc.’s groundbreaking microwave plasma technology platform, UniMelt®, to develop unique, cutting edge, battery materials such as NMC, LFP, LTO, silicon anode, and many more. 6K’s UniMelt plasma technology transforms engineered materials into revolutionary products that advance industries across additive manufacturing, renewable energy, aerospace, and consumer electronics all with sustainability at its core.
6K was recently recognized by Forbes as Best Startup Employer for 2022. We are backed by a world-renowned investor group including Koch Strategic Platforms, Energy Impact Partners, Anzu, Volta Energy Technologies, launch Capital, and Material Impact. 6K has raised more than $250M to date.
Construction Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and plan budgets, cost estimates, and other financial estimates
- Coordinate, plan, and manage schedules for contractors and subcontractors to meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Develop construction project with architect, engineers, and trade workers
- Order and manage materials and equipment
- Provide internal reporting and projections for inventory
- Prepare internal and external reports relating to job status, daily progress, estimates and deliverables.
- Oversee and supervise construction project progress and provide reports on timeline, progress, and adjustments
- Ensure all legal requirements, building and safety codes, safety inspections, city guidelines, and local and state regulations are met
- Perform the tasks of a cost estimator
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
Construction Project Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture, or related field from an accredited university
- 5-7 years' experience as a construction manager or in a similar position in construction management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Able to manage a team of employees and multiple projects
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction, engineering, and architectural principles.
- Goal-oriented and organized leadership
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- In-depth understanding of the construction industry
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal building code regulations
- Able to build solid relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software preferred (Procore, Revit, etc.)