At 6K, we’re breaking the bounds of chemistry to develop engineered materials into revolutionary products that will advance industries across additive manufacturing, renewable energy, aerospace, consumer electronics, and more. With 6K’s advanced microwave plasma technology and sustainable processes, we bring innovations from ideation to development at speeds never thought possible. We tailor-make the purest, best-in-class materials all with sustainability as a focus, regardless of the industry we serve. For battery cathode materials, we transform production into seconds with our Unimelt™ systems, versus a conventional plant that takes days. Reducing energy consumption by 2/3 and creating no wastewater. For additive manufacturing, we can create premium powders from certified millings and turnings leveraging sustainable input streams at the sizes needed creating no waste.
6K has assembled a team of material, process, and production experts to deliver materials for today, tomorrow, and beyond. Whether it’s in our innovation labs in Massachusetts or our production facility in Pennsylvania, our patented 6K technology and sustainable processes enable the conversion of material that accelerates ideation and enables limitless possibilities.
6K Energy Business Group is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Materials Supply Chain to join our team. The Director of Materials Supply Chain will manage the materials procurement strategies to meet the needs of our deployment plan and the pilot plant. In addition, this key person will lead the cost optimization strategy and roadmap working across functional groups. This is a ground-floor opportunity for someone that wants to roll up the sleeves and builds a world-class supply chain team in a fast-paced environment with a company experiencing dynamic growth. The candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, have integrity, and a team player capable of taking on increasing responsibility as the Company continues to grow. This role will report to the SVP, Deployment.
· Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
· Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
· Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions, and Production Supply Agreements
· Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities, and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap for 6K Energy stakeholders
· Perform detailed analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown from data
· Manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics
· Work closely alongside material scientists and manufacturing engineering to understand and support their requirements. Review Engineering, Design & Development costs with Engineering leads to ensure best-in-class cost is attained
· Support Supplier Quality plant audits and technical reviews
· Develop should-cost models for various materials
· Assess and analyze commodity markets, conduct statistical analysis, and review raw material assets to follow market prices
· Perform data analysis of market data and statistical modeling of supply/demand curves to allow planning and price negotiations for current and future expansions
· Design programs to map out supply candidates and analysis to solve business problems such as inventory and logistics – custom modeling tailored specifically to the supply chain at 6K
· Build out a top-performing supply chain team
· Other duties may be assigned
Education and Skills Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, Master’s degree a strong plus.
· 5+ years in supply chain management, preferably with commodity or lithium-ion value chain
· Well-versed in logistics and INCOTERM options
· Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
· Strong financial analysis and problem-solving, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet assigned deadlines.
· Energetic, efficient, and resourceful team player and individual contributor.
· Self-motivated with strong intellectual curiosity.
6K, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: PLEASE DISREGARD SUGGESTED SALARIES VIA LINKEDIN, INDEED, ETC. 6K OFFERS ONE OF THE MOST COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PLANS IN THE INDUSTRY.
Your application was submitted successfully.