Mechanical System Engineer
6K Inc. is a high-growth, high-tech, company focused on the sustainable production of advanced materials. The company’s two divisions 6K Energy and 6K Additive are focused on the production of sustainable and domestically produced battery materials used in electric vehicles and grid storage as well as additive manufacturing powders made from sustainable sources. The UniMelt® microwave plasma processing system is a disruptive technology that significantly lowers the environmental impact with far less energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions compared to other conventional material manufacturing processes. Our technology is transforming engineered materials into revolutionary products that advance industries across additive manufacturing, renewable energy, aerospace, consumer electronics, and more.
6K was recently recognized by Forbes as Best Startup Employer for 2022. We are backed by a world-renowned investor group including Koch Strategic Platforms, Energy Impact Partners, Anzu, Volta Energy Technologies, launch Capital, and Material Impact. 6K has raised more than $350M to date.
We are actively seeking team members who would bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our fast-paced dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to challenge the boundaries of traditional manufacturing.
This entry to a mid-level Mechanical engineer who is okay with doing ECO and detail work, with a good aptitude in SolidWorks CAD skills, and is very hands-on. Interface and assist the R&D design team in developing technology that is feasible, in order to be implemented at volume.
Tackle design challenges of a multi-disciplinary nature, including:
· Mechanical and Electrical systems;
· Gas and water flow systems;
· Controls and Automation systems;
· Documentation and creation of engineering business processes;
· BOM management;
· Build test fixtures and jigs;
· Change orders;
· Build/install documentation;
· Equipment maintenance procedures;
· Testing/Validation protocols.
· Excellent with Mechanical Engineering First Principles;
· 1 - 3 years of experience with a proven track record of tackling complex, multi-disciplinary problems including those without prior knowledge;
· Fluency with SolidWorks, scripting (Matlab or similar), and data acquisition systems (preferred);
· Appreciation for and enjoys full “stack” of development: idea generation, feasibility, detailed design, hands-on build & test;
· An individual who appreciates and is disciplined in following the scientific method (e.g. letting the data speak, designing the correct experiments, demonstrating repeatability, etc.);
· Possesses a “do-what-it-takes” attitude which might require going above and below nominal scope.
· Background in powder handling equipment – specifically feeding and collection of fine (1-100micron) powder highly desired but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer
At 6K we believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, or sexual orientation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. We are also committed to providing veteran employment opportunities.
Your application was submitted successfully.